Tuesday, February 26, 2013

snuggle day & seeking first




It's a sad day when I have to miss our local mops group to stay home with a child who's not feeling well! Its a difficult decision to have a snuggle day when he seems fine, but at this age you kindof have to take him seriously, especially since he's been up on and off since 4:30am!

So we're snuggled on the couch watching episodes of Curious George on netflix and I'm reflecting on life as mom.

It's hard for my heart to be "into" a snuggle day when I have to say no to something that I've been looking forward to, and something that would be good for me as a mom. I would get a break, have an encouraging time, and meet other moms. (And when you're new and the moms only meet twice a month, that's really not alot of chances to make friends.)

So I want to sit on the couch and feel bad for myself. At the inconvenience of it, at how once again for the sake of motherhood I'm asked to give yet something else up.

But if there's something I've learned since we've begun this new adventure and new life, is that I can trust God to meet my needs.

 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. -Matthew 6:33 

This verse seems to be the theme verse for our year so far! It's a constant reminder to simply do what I know God wants me to do for today and leave the rest up to Him! Although some days I may wonder, there's nothing better that I can do with my life, with my time, than take care of these two precious children, no matter what I may miss out on. And God will bless me for being faithful to what he's called me do to right now if I seek him first!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what others have to say! Please share below!